Technology Infrastructure (TI) Account Manager
Feyen Zylstra is looking for a Technology Infrastructure (TI) Cabling Account Manager for our Grand Rapids location. This is a full-time position, reporting to the TI Group Leader. This role is responsible for the ongoing development of new and existing accounts within the TI group. In addition, responsibilities will include the sales and direct supervision of all TI projects from proposal to completion of project(s), selling network cabling projects and services to commercial and industrial customers.
• Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete cabling projects.
• Understand the customer’s needs and problems in order to determine equipment and facility repair, modification, and/or replacement recommendations that will provide the best solution for each individual customer.
• Ability to provide repair, modification, and/or replacement recommendations and document these so that the customer and installations teams understand the scope of work.
• Ability to estimate the cost of cabling systems for the client’s facility while incorporating company pricing standards.
• Ability to survey cabling systems, interpret drawings, equipment, and job conditions.
• Prepare complete sales proposals for selected client projects with detailed review of proposal specifications and drawings.
• Ability to increase existing customer’s perception of and use of the company’s services by providing prompt, cost effective solutions, to the customers problems.
• Coordinate with the Technology Infrastru team to provide oversight and direction related to scheduling, dispatch and operations.
• Project manage cabling projects
• Must be self-directed and able to work efficiently in a flexible and fast-paced environment• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Some travel required. A majority of work will be in Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Lansing, and the Lakeshore.
• High school diploma or GED
• 5+ years of extensive experience/knowledge of cabling, construction, design, estimating, finance and management required.
• Thorough understanding of industry codes, corporate practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project performance and customer satisfaction is essential
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) required.
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture.
Candidates are required to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checking.
About Feyen Zylstra
Feyen Zylstra is different. Unlike a typical electrical contractor, we are a knowledge-based electrical services firm that specializes in complex industrial, commercial, and institutional projects with unique electrical demands. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan with offices in Detroit and Traverse City, Michigan, Nashville, Tennessee, and Charleston, South Carolina, Feyen Zylstra serves clients based throughout the country. For more information on Feyen Zylstra, please visit www.feyenzylstra.com.
FZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or other protected classes.