Electrical Project Manager
Feyen Zylstra is looking for an Electrical Project Manager for our Nashville location. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Business Executive. This role is responsible for the overall direction and execution of specific construction projects consistent with company strategy, core values, project commitments and project goals.
· Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
· Develop full scale project plans, including timelines, tasks, resources and budget
· Assemble and coordinate project staff and provide team direction
· Lead the planning and implementation of project
· Manage project budget and participate in monthly review meetings
· Track and report on project performance to all stakeholders
· Utilize project management tools, including Change Order Pro & Bluebeam Review
· Proactively identify project risks and solutions
· Work cross functionally with internal and external partners
· Conducting site walks for quality assurance and project reviews
· Manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
· Conduct project evaluations and assessment of results to identify improvement opportunities
· Bachelors in Construction Management or equivalent experience in electrical construction management
· 5 or more years of experience in construction or electrical related project management
· Experience with large projects valued at or above $2 million
· Demonstrated experience with resource management and risk and change management
· Prior experience working directly with customers and negotiating project terms
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
· Prior experience leading project teams of 5 or more resources on projects last 6 months or longer
· Strong planning, organizing, delegation, communication and problem-solving skills
· Skilled at leading teams and influencing others, including conflict management skills
· Ability to travel regionally to project sites as needed
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture.
Candidates are required to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checking.
About Feyen Zylstra
Feyen Zylstra is different. Unlike a typical electrical contractor, we are a knowledge-based electrical services firm that specializes in complex industrial, commercial, and institutional projects with unique electrical demands. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan with offices in Detroit and Traverse City, Michigan, Nashville, Tennessee, and Charleston, South Carolina, Feyen Zylstra serves clients based throughout the country. For more information on Feyen Zylstra, please visit www.feyenzylstra.com.