Director of Supply Chain
Feyen Zylstra is looking for a Director of Supply Chain for our Grand Rapids location. This is a full-time position, reporting to the Vice President of Sales & Operations. This role is responsible for the evaluation of the enterprise supply chain’s performance against projected costs and timelines. Responsible for coordinating enterprise supply chain activities across all units of the organization.
• Build and implement an enterprise sourcing and supply chain process by establishing procurement policies, guidelines and best practices to drive value and savings on purchases
• Build and implement tools to objectively review suppliers (i) before purchase and (ii) for performance and continued due diligence and supplier compliance after purchase
• Define and track operational reporting and metrics needed to drive improvements and improve efficiency in the sourcing process
• Perform industry benchmarking with respect to pricing, performance, service levels and other measurable standards
• Act as primary contact for all strategic vendor contracts, while engaging material coordinators in process
• Work with all department heads and material coordinators to ensure supplier performance is reviewed on a consistent basis
• Create process for vendors to submit value add reporting and review of submittals.
• Continuously engage with and communicate supply chain goals with all business unit leaders (transactional, price to price, avoidance, etc.)
• Work with legal team to update contract templates as needed.
• Work with business unit leadership to provide visibility in to forecasted savings for transparency
• Build and maintain strategic relationships with leaders across all Feyen Zylstra business units and geographies
• Create vendor review process for spending and performance goals in all geographies
• Negotiate and make Known to all FZ locations of blankets and/or bulk purchasing agreements.
• Insure that materials are ordered through the appropriate FZ preferred vendor
• Regularly monitor invoices to ensure that materials covered under blanket agreements are being priced accordingly.
• Lead the price negotiation for and execution of purchase orders.
• Insure that unused materials are returned to the appropriate vendors and that credits are issued on a timely basis.
• Work with Group Leaders, Project Managers, Account Managers and Manufacturing Manager to place cell boxes and/or other materials on projects as requested. This includes negotiating fees, consignment agreements etc., and making arrangements with vendors/suppliers to stock materials in the cell boxes.
• Assist Project and Account Managers with the development of logistics plans for projects.
• Insure that materials are delivered to jobsites in the most time and costs effective manner.
• Provide insight and recommendations to assist in the development and subsequent implementation of goals, objectives, policies, processes.
• Participate and coordinate the recruitment, training, and development of Supply Chain team
• Maintain appropriate levels of correspondence including E-mails, PO’s etc.
• 5+ Years supervisory experience in sourcing functions.
• 35% Travel
• Extensive knowledge of sourcing policies and best practices in procurement
• Knowledge of building construction methods, permit requirements, safety procedures.
• Ability to work well with others to gather information.
• Ability to operate and lead others in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
• Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies within construction documents.
• Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills.
• Open to change based on diverse input and feedback.
• Strong communication skills – both oral and written.
• Strong mathematical skills.
• Strong commitment to teamwork.
• Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project).
• Ability and commitment to meet deadlines.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong understanding of the cost associated with electrical work
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture.
Candidates are required to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checking.
About Feyen Zylstra
Feyen Zylstra is different. Unlike a typical electrical contractor, we are a knowledge-based electrical services firm that specializes in complex industrial, commercial, and institutional projects with unique electrical demands. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan with offices in Detroit and Traverse City, Michigan, Nashville, Tennessee, and Charleston, South Carolina, Feyen Zylstra serves clients based throughout the country. For more information on Feyen Zylstra, please visit www.feyenzylstra.com.
FZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or other protected classes.