Feyen Zylstra is looking for a Controls Engineer for our Grand Rapids location. This is a full-time position in our Automation Group, reporting to an Account Manager. This position is responsible for the design, testing, start-up and commissioning of our controls and automation solutions. We provide control and automation for various industries including manufacturing, automotive, process control, material handling, and many others.
· Involved in the implementation, installation, validation and ongoing development of controls and automation systems to insure they meet stated requirements
· Handle project ranging from single machine builds to plant-wide automation processes
· Guide the ongoing framework for automation, seeking opportunities to leverage revenue growth
· PLC programming in multiple environments, including Allen Bradley and Siemens.
· Works cross functionally to optimize product offerings to reduce costs and improve value
· Manage multiple concurrent projects
· Create and edit electrical schematics and controls drawings; including sizing devices, panel layouts, pneumatic and hydraulic layouts
· Interfaces with customers to design, develop and implement projects, troubleshoot, and provide training
· 10%-15% travel is typical
· Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering Technology, or Journeyman or Master Electrician certification preferred
· 5 or more years of prior industrial controls and automation experience on projects of various sizes and complexities
· Exceptional skills in Rockwell programming, SLC, Compact Logix and Control Logix required
· Ability to influence and collaborate across business functions
· Expertise with automation software (Allen Bradley or Siemens desirable) with knowledge of automation testing, verification and validation
· Knowledge of and experience using industry standards and codes, and ability to engineer design based on customer specifications
· Knowledge of Ethernet networking, IP addressing DHCP and static, Subnetting, VLANs, basic routing, Managed switch basics
· Ability to take projects from design to completion
· Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
· Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Outlook, Excel, Word, ability to learn FZ systems and industry programming software
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture.
Candidates are required to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checking.
For over thirty years, we have provided industrial technology solutions for leading industrial, manufacturing, and automotive, food and beverage, and material handling customers. FZ is different. We are a knowledge-based firm that specializes in providing complex solutions for our customer’s plant floor environments in the areas of Controls & Automation, Industrial Networking and Digital Products. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan with offices in Metro Detroit, Kalamazoo, and Traverse City, Michigan, Nashville, Tennessee, and Charleston, South Carolina, FZ serves clients based throughout the country. For more information on FZ, please visit www.feyenzylstra.com.