Senior Telecommunications Technician/Installer
Feyen Zylstra (FZ) is an Industrial Technology and Electrical Services firm committed to the ongoing growth of its business through strategies that build upon our reputation as an innovative problem solver and an employer of choice. Financial and cultural health are central to our success. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI with offices in Nashville, TN; Charleston, SC; Traverse City, MI; and Kalamazoo, MI, FZ’s 550+ employees are focused on the most complex industrial and institutional clients in the Midwest and Southeastern United States.
Successful employees at FZ have a passion for people, a commitment to results, and a desire to be part of a highly functioning team. Our team is data driven, innovative, collaborative, and committed to the success of those around them. The Technician/Installer will be responsible for performing installation and maintenance of cabling and audio video systems in Commercial/Industrial environments. This includes installation,termination and testing of low voltage/network cables and fiber optic cables as well as installation of pathway systems and audio video cabling.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work independently providing a variety of TI services to our broad customerbase
- Build out telecommunication and equipment rooms
- Mounting of electronic equipment (TV’s, projectors, wireless access points,speakers and cameras)
- Ability to analyze blueprints for job site knowledge
- Analyze upcoming tasks and anticipate next steps
- Enforce jobsite safety and maintain compliance with all company safety andsafety standards
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- 5+ years in the communications industry
- BICSI certification preferred
- Knowledge of telecommunications, data, AV, network infrastructure cabling andcomponents required
- High mechanical aptitude – use of hand tools and test equipment
- Positive and customer focused attitude
- Maintain and reference industry standards including BICSI, ANSI, EIA/TIA, andlocal Low Voltage Code
- Solid work ethic, capable of working self-directed
- Ability to read and understand floor plans
- Valid driver’s license and proof of automobile insurance
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture. Candidates are required to pass a pre employment drug screen. FZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or other protected classes.