Feyen Zylstra is looking for a Journeyman Electrician for our Nashville location. This is a full-time position, reporting to a Construction, Service or Low Voltage leader. This role is responsible for electrical installation, troubleshooting and maintenance within complex commercial and industrial settings and teaching and mentoring apprentices
• Installs, maintains and troubleshoots electrical systems in compliance withthe National Electric Code.
• Provides teaching, coaching and mentoring to apprentices learning the trade.
• Travels to regionally based customer locations to perform complex industrialand commercial work in construction, service and/or low voltage systemscenarios.
• Maintains compliance with all OSHA, FZ, and customer safety requirements andcompany policies.
• Works without direct supervision and helps lead apprentices.
• Bends and installs conduit, installs lighting and basic control systems.
• Performs wire and cable pulls.
• Installs motor feeders and makes standard motor connections.
• Participates in safety talks, audits, and related safety activities.
• Immediately identifies, corrects, and/or reports any unsafe acts, conditions,or incidents.
• Cleans and maintains job site, tools, and vehicles.
• Works collaboratively with internal and external partners.
• Completes work with a focus on safety, quality and a sense of urgency.
• Participates in CPR, First Aid and OSHA 10 hour training.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• High school diploma or GED
• Ability to pass a drug screen for both pre-employment and per customer request when needed.
• Possesses and active Journeyperson’s license
• Strong knowledge of the most recent National Electrical Code
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and comfort withtechnology
• Skilled at reading and following blueprints and electrical schematics
• Mechanical/technical aptitude and a passion for teaching others in this area
• Ability to informally lead others, including directing work and coaching forimprovement
• Demonstrated focus on safety, quality, customer service and goal attainment
• Operates with honesty and integrity
• Self-driven, reliable and able to work independently even under pressure
• Solid planning, organizing, time management, communication and problemsolving skills
• Strong team work and collaboration with peers and leaders
• Ability to travel regionally to project sites, work overtime and in variedweather conditions required
• Ability to work at elevated heights, and to lift up to 50 lbs as needed
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture.
Candidates are required to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checking.
About Feyen Zylstra
Feyen Zylstra is different. Unlike a typical electrical contractor, we are a knowledge-based electrical services firm that specializes in complex industrial, commercial, and institutional projects with unique electrical demands. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan with offices in Detroit and Traverse City, Michigan, Nashville, Tennessee, and Charleston, South Carolina, Feyen Zylstra serves clients based throughout the country. For more information on Feyen Zylstra, please visit www.feyenzylstra.com.