This position reports to a Construction, Service or Low Voltage leader. This role is responsible for electrical installation, troubleshooting and maintenance within complex commercial and industrial settings and teaching and mentoring apprentices.
• Installs, maintains and troubleshoots electrical systems in compliance withthe National Electric Code.
• Provides teaching, coaching and mentoring to apprentices learning the trade.
• Travels to regionally based customer locations to perform complex industrialand commercial work in construction, service and/or low voltage systemscenarios.
• Maintains compliance with all OSHA, FZ, and customer safety requirements andcompany policies.
• Works without direct supervision and helps lead apprentices.
• Bends and installs conduit, installs lighting and basic control systems.
• Performs wire and cable pulls.
• Installs motor feeders and makes standard motor connections.
• Participates in safety talks, audits, and related safety activities.
• Immediately identifies, corrects, and/or reports any unsafe acts, conditions,or incidents.
• Cleans and maintains job site, tools, and vehicles.
• Works collaboratively with internal and external partners.
• Completes work with a focus on safety, quality and a sense of urgency.
• Participates in CPR, First Aid and OSHA 10 hour training.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• High school diploma or GED
• Possesses and active Journeyperson’s license
• Strong knowledge of the most recent National Electrical Code
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and comfort withtechnology
• Skilled at reading and following blueprints and electrical schematics
• Mechanical/technical aptitude and a passion for teaching others in this area
• Ability to informally lead others, including directing work and coaching forimprovement
• Demonstrated focus on safety, quality, customer service and goal attainment
• Operates with honesty and integrity
• Self-driven, reliable and able to work independently even under pressure
• Solid planning, organizing, time management, communication and problemsolving skills
• Strong team work and collaboration with peers and leaders
• Ability to travel regionally to project sites, work overtime and in variedweather conditions required
• Ability to work at elevated heights, and to lift up to 50 lbs as needed
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paidtime off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe workenvironment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great companyculture. Candidatesare required to pass a drug screen and physical and background check percustomer requirements. Feyen Zylstra is an Equal Opportunity Employer andconsiders applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, nationalorigin or other protected classes.