This position reports to a Construction, Service or Low Voltage leader. This role is responsible for electrical installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance within complex commercial and industrial settings and teaching and mentoring apprentices.
• Installs, maintains and troubleshoots electrical systems in compliance with the National Electric Code.
• Provides teaching, coaching, and mentoring to apprentices learning the trade.
• Travels to regionally based customer locations to perform complex industrial and commercial work in construction, service and/or low voltage system scenarios.
• Maintains compliance with all OSHA, FZ, and customer safety requirements and company policies.
• Works without direct supervision and helps lead apprentices.
• Bends and installs conduit, installs lighting and basic control systems.
• Performs wire and cable pulls.
• Installs motor feeders and makes standard motor connections.
• Participates in safety talks, audits, and related safety activities.
• Immediately identifies, corrects, and/or reports any unsafe acts, conditions, or incidents.
• Cleans and maintains job site, tools, and vehicles.
• Works collaboratively with internal and external partners.
• Completes work with a focus on safety, quality, and a sense of urgency.
• Participates in CPR, First Aid and OSHA 10 hour training.
• Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
• High school diploma or GED
• Possesses an active Journeyperson’s license
• Strong knowledge of the most recent National Electrical Code
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and comfort with technology
• Skilled at reading and following blueprints and electrical schematics
• Mechanical/technical aptitude and a passion for teaching others in this area
• Ability to informally lead others, including directing work and coaching for improvement
• Demonstrated focus on safety, quality, customer service and goal attainment
• Operates with honesty and integrity
• Self-driven, reliable, and able to work independently even under pressure
• Solid planning, organizing, time management, communication and problem solving skills
• Strong team work and collaboration with peers and leaders
• Ability to travel regionally to project sites, work overtime and in varied weather conditions required
• Ability to work at elevated heights, and to lift up to 50 lbs as needed
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paidtime off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe workenvironment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture. Candidates are required to pass a drug screen and physical and background check per customer requirements. Feyen Zylstra is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or other protected classes.