Feyen Zylstra is looking for an Electrical Estimator for our Kalamazoo location. This is a full-time position, reporting to a Chief Estimator. This role is responsible for preparing accurate quantified take-offs for estimates and supporting senior estimators in pricing efforts for assigned projects.
· Review specification information and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates
· Assist with takeoffs electronically
· Attend pre-bid meetings and collect information
· Prepare information for bid review
· Organize bid components to ensure accuracy and completeness
· Review and advise operations of any constructability issues
· Develop and maintain positive relationships with vendors and suppliers
· Participate in project reviews and site visits
· High school diploma or GED
· Completion of an electrical apprenticeship program (or equivalent work experience)
· 1 year of relevant electrical estimating experience
· Proficient in the use of a PC and Microsoft Office Suite (excel, outlook, word, and powerpoint)
· Ability to prepare conceptual budgets based on minimal information and specifications
· Ability to professionally communicate project needs to assigned staff in a highly stressed environment
· Proven ability to multi-task in a high volume, fast-paced work environment
· Self-driven, reliable and able to work independently
· Curious with a desire to learn and grow
· Positive and professional attitude, and strong customer relations skills
· Strong team work and collaboration with peers and leaders
· Ability to travel to project sites, work overtime and in varied weather conditions required
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture.
Candidates are required to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checking.
About Feyen Zylstra
Feyen Zylstra is different. Unlike a typical electrical contractor, we are a knowledge-based electrical services firm that specializes in complex industrial, commercial, and institutional projects with unique electrical demands. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan with offices in Detroit and Traverse City, Michigan, Nashville, Tennessee, and Charleston, South Carolina, Feyen Zylstra serves clients based throughout the country. For more information on Feyen Zylstra, please visit www.feyenzylstra.com.
FZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or other protected classes.