Assistant Electrical Project Manager
Feyen Zylstra is looking for an Assistant Electrical Project Manager for our Grand Rapids location. This position reports to the Construction Operations Manager. This role is responsible for the support of the groups Project Managers. The position is one of learning and growth with a goal of developing the successful candidate to serve as a Project Manager as their career matures. A Project Manager is responsible for overall direction and safe execution of specific construction projects consistent with company strategy, core values, project commitments and project goals. The successful candidate would be expected to grow to have the same responsibilities.
· Developing, with the Director of Safety, a site-specific safety plan
· Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables
· Develop full scale project plans, including timelines, tasks, resources and budget
· Assemble and coordinate project staff and provide team direction
· Lead the planning and implementation of project
· Manage project budget and participate in monthly review meetings
· Track and report on project performance to all stakeholders
· Utilize project management tools, including Change Order Pro & Bluebeam Review
· Pricing and tracking change orders
· Proactively identify project risks and solutions
· Site visits and audits
· Work cross functionally with internal and external partners
· Conducting site walks for quality assurance and project reviews
· Manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
· Conduct project evaluations and assessment of results to identify improvement opportunities
· Bachelors in Construction Management or equivalent experience in electrical construction management
· 5 or more years of experienced leadership in electrical construction
· Commitment to excellence in safe installations and project conditions
· Experience with projects valued at or above $750,000
· Demonstrated experience with resource, risk, and change management
· Prior experience working directly with customers and negotiating project demands
· Knowledge of Bluebeam, Microsoft Word, Excel and Sharepoint
· Prior experience leading project teams of 5 or more resources on projects last 6 months or longer
· Strong planning, organizing, delegation, communication and problem solving skills
· Skilled at leading teams and influencing others, including conflict management skills
· Ability to travel regionally to project sites as needed
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture.
Candidates are required to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checking.
About Feyen Zylstra
Feyen Zylstra is different. Unlike a typical electrical contractor, we are a knowledge-based electrical services firm that specializes in complex industrial, commercial, and institutional projects with unique electrical demands. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan with offices in Detroit and Traverse City, Michigan, Nashville, Tennessee, and Charleston, South Carolina, Feyen Zylstra serves clients based throughout the country. For more information on Feyen Zylstra, please visit www.feyenzylstra.com.