Service Account Manager
Feyen Zylstra (FZ) is an Industrial Technology and Electrical Services firm committed to the ongoing growth of its business through strategies that build upon our reputation as an innovative problem solver and an employer of choice. Financial and cultural health are central to our success. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI with offices in Nashville, TN; Charleston, SC; Traverse City, MI; and Kalamazoo, MI, FZ’s 550+ employees are focused on the most complex industrial and institutional clients in the Midwest and Southeastern United States.
Successful employees at FZ have a passion for people, a commitment to results, and a desire to be part of a highly functioning team. Our team is data driven, innovative, collaborative, and committed to the success of those around them. This responsible for the ongoing development of new and existing accounts within Feyen-Zylstra’s Electrical Service group. In addition, responsibilities include selling electrical projects and services to commercial and industrial customers.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide initial client contact to assess scope of work and resources required to successfully complete Electrical Service projects.
- Manage project budget and participate in monthly ETC review meetings
- Understand the customer’s needs and problems to determine equipment and facility repair, modification, and/or replacement recommendations which will provide the best solution for each individual customer.
- Ability to provide repair, modification, and/or replacement recommendations and document these so that the customer and installations teams understand the scope of work.
- Ability to estimate the cost of a repair, modification, or addition to a client’s facility while incorporating company pricing standards.
- Ability to survey electrical systems, interpret drawings, equipment, and job conditions.
- Utilize project management tools, including Change Order Pro, Bluebeam Review & Spectrum
- Prepare complete sales proposals for selected client projects with detailed review of proposal specifications and drawings.
- Work cross functionally with internal and external partners
- Ability to increase existing customer’s perception of and use of the Companies services by providing prompt, cost effective solutions, to the customers problems.
- Coordinate with the Electrical Service team to provide oversight and direction related to scheduling, dispatch and operations.
- High School Diploma or GED required or Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred.
- 10+ years of electrical/electrical service, construction, design, estimating, finance and management required
- Ability to understanding of industry codes, corporate practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project performance and customer satisfaction is essential
- Superior communication both written and verbal and interpersonal skills (tact, diplomacy, influence, etc.) required
- Energetic, self-starter with a positive attitude
- Must have excellent organizational and project management skills
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture. Candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen. FZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or other protected classes.