Senior Controls Technician
Feyen Zylstra (FZ) is an Industrial Technology and Electrical Services firm committed to the ongoing growth of its business through strategies that build upon our reputation as an innovative problem solver and an employer of choice. Financial and cultural health are central to our success. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI with offices in Nashville, TN; Charleston, SC; Traverse City, MI; and Kalamazoo, MI, FZ’s 500+ employees are focused on the most complex industrial and institutional clients in the Midwest and Southeastern United States.
This position reports directly to the Industrial Controls & Automation Group Leader and Account Manager. They will be regularly interfacing with our customers, supplies and vendors.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build and wire electrical panels to NFPA, UL 508a, ANSI standards for customers.
- Install panels in industrial sites for customers and perform initial troubleshooting.
- Work independently providing a variety of wiring services to our broad customer base.
- Travel regionally based on customer locations.
- Ability to troubleshoot / diagnose wiring and hardware equipment.
- Installation, termination and testing of work performed.
- Ability to analyze wiring schematics for control wiring projects.
- Analyze upcoming tasks and anticipate next steps.
- Adhere to job site safety and maintain compliance with all company safety and safety standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Electrical Apprenticeship, Journeyman or other technical experience and education desired.
- Three (3) or more years of experience in panel building or in industrial electrical work.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and skilled in the use of hand tools and electrical testing equipment.
- Ability to travel to client locations, nationally or internationally, up to 15% of the time
- Ability to pass a drug screen.
- Valid driver’s license and car insurance.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of industry standards including NFPA, UL 508a, ANSI, NEC and OSHA
- Ability to read and understand wiring diagrams and schematics: JIC and ePlan
- Excellent communication and customer relation skills
- Rational decision making and problem-solving ability
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Positive and customer focused attitude.
- Solid verbal and written communication skills.
Successful leaders at FZ have a passion for people, a commitment to results, and a desire to be part of a highly functioning team. Our leaders are data driven, self-motivated, collaborative, and committed to the success of those around them. If you have passion for your work, a history of engaging others, experience as a high performing accountant, and the ability to move things forward we want to learn more about you.
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture. Candidates are required to pass a drug screen and physical. FZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or other protected classes. For more information on FZ, please visit feyenzylstra.com.