Electrical Services Account Manager & Group Leader
Feyen Zylstra (FZ) is an Industrial Technology and Electrical Services firm committed to the ongoing growth of its business through strategies that build upon our reputation as an innovative problem solver and an employer of choice. Financial and cultural health are central to our success. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI with offices in Nashville, TN; Charleston, SC; Traverse City, MI; and Kalamazoo, MI, FZ’s 600 employees are focused on the most complex industrial and institutional clients in the Midwest and Southeastern United States.
Successful employees at FZ have a passion for people, a commitment to results, and a desire to be part of a highly functioning team. Our team is data driven, innovative, collaborative, and committed to the success of those around them. Reporting to the Branch Director, this role is responsible for the day to day direction, coordination, execution, and completion of customer projects and selling of electrical low voltage accounts and ensuring consistency with company installation standards, strategy, commitments and account productivity and profitability goals.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain, improve and/or expand new and existing relationships and customer accounts.
- Oversee low voltage Service Groups such as structured cabling, audio visual and partner with branch leadership to develop crossing selling strategies.
- Responsible for the Services’ groups Financial Forecasts monthly and project out 6+ months
- Lead Services team with meeting their financial goals through coaching.
- Accurately projects yearly Services Overhead Budget
- Manage productive agenda for routine Services team meetings
- Understand the customer’s needs and problems in order to determine equipment and facility repair, modification, and/or replacement recommendations
- Ability to provide repair, modification, and/or replacement recommendations and document these so that the customer and installations teams understand the scope of work.
- Ability to estimate the cost of a repair, modification, or addition to a client’s facility while incorporating company pricing standards.
- Ability to survey electrical systems, interpret drawings, equipment, and job conditions.
- Prepare complete sales proposals for selected client projects with detailed review of proposal specifications and drawings.
- Coordinate with the Electrical Service team to provide oversight and direction related to scheduling.
- Assists in strategic vision and execution of goals for the Services group.
- Work with Branch Director to identify and develop new markets.
- Provide insight and recommendations to assist in the development and subsequent implementation of goals, objectives, policies, processes.
- Lead the recruitment, training, performance management and development of Service techs, journeyman and apprentices.
- Assist estimating department on Services account budgeting and pricing.
- Participate in project evaluations and assessments
- Notify the Branch Director of delays or changes to project schedules.
- Maintain appropriate levels of correspondence including e-mails, submittals, permits, PO’s etc.
- Working knowledge of building construction methods, permit requirements, safety procedures.
- Ability to operate and lead others in a high volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Good attention to detail with the ability to recognize discrepancies within construction documents.
- Proven positive and professional attitude, and strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated financial acumen
- Open to change based on diverse input and feedback.
- Must be self-directed and able to work efficiently in a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project).
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture. Candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen. FZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or other protected classes.