Feyen Zylstra (FZ) is an Industrial Technology and Electrical Services firm committed to the ongoing growth of its business through strategies that build upon our reputation as an innovative problem solver and an employer of choice. Financial and cultural health are central to our success. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, MI with offices in Charleston, SC; Nashville, TN; Traverse City, MI; and Kalamazoo, MI, FZ’s 700+ employees are focused on the most complex industrial and institutional clients in the Midwest and Southeastern United States.
Successful employees at FZ have a passion for people, a commitment to results, and a desire to be part of a highly functioning team. Our team is data driven, innovative, collaborative, and committed to the success of those around them. Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, this role is responsible for assisting our warehouse personnel and must have the ability to work independently and as part of a team and possess a professional, customer-focused attitude.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drop off and pick up tools, materials, and supplies to and from job sites and suppliers
- Process, inspect, and put away all returning tools
- Maintain Tool Conex Boxes and Tool yard
- Assist Tool Administrator as needed
- Pull tool list from internal system and then pull the according materials for deliveries/returns
- Legibly document all tool transfers in their entirety
- Operate forklift to assist in the warehouse area to organize materials and load/unload trucks
- Operate 28 foot automatic box truck
- Handle documentation of materials, delivery and routes
- Plan routes to maximize usage of equipment and time
- Load and unload goods in a safe and efficient manner
- Comply with all safety and DOT regulations, procedures and training
- Assist with warehouse and counter duties
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience as a delivery driver
- Valid Michigan drivers is required and chauffeur's license with a satisfactory driving record
- Up-to-date DOT medical card
- Ability to perform the delivery tasks under different weather conditions
- Proficiency with order entry and use of inventory systems preferred
- Great attention to detail as this position is responsible for paperwork
- Capable of following written instructions and documented procedures
- Proficient listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate forklift in compliance with OSHA requirements
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture. Candidates are required to pass a pre-employment drug screen. FZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or other protected classes.