Audio-Visual Installation Technician
The Audio-Visual Installation Technician is responsible for the installation and support of complex audio/visual systems in a variety of customer environments. We are seeking a candidate with skills and abilities to install, diagnose and service audio visual equipment. The ability to work independently or as part of a team to install and troubleshoot AV systems is required.
This is a full-time position with occasional overtime. Most work is performed Monday thru Friday from 8:00AM-5:00PM with the potential for some evening and weekend work. Occasional overnight travel is possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform comprehensive, onsite audio-visual equipment installation for our clients, including low voltage wiring, trim-out, equipment rack setup, plasma/LCD, projectors and projection systems, media rooms, audio hardware and speakers, control systems.
- Perform cable pull paths, diagnosis structural/room interior for efficient and optimum installations, crimp and terminate audio and video cables
- Install Crestron, Extron and AMX control systems
- Install video conferencing systems including Polycom, Cisco, Lifesize and StarLeaf
- Assist with structural installation of displays, screens and projectors
- Responsible for maintaining and upgrading systems as needed
- Maintain daily communication with Lead Installation Technician, Project Manager and Installation Manager on status of projects and task lists
- Travel to off-site corporate locations as part of system installation
- Participate in industry training sessions, seminars and conventions
- Maintain professional work appearance and outstanding customer interaction
- General AV knowledge in Commercial application
- Ability to read Blueprints and Schematics
- Crestron experience is desired
- Understanding of Networked AV and Cloud based IT/AV Systems
- Experience with Visio helpful but not required.
- Experience with Video Conferencing Systems, Microsoft Lync or Skype for Business helpful but not required.
- Must provide own vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Energetic, self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Must have excellent organizational, communications, and project management skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on feet for long periods of time
- Ability to lift heavy items
- Professional appearance.
We offer generous benefits, competitive compensation, paid time off, training and development, opportunity for growth, a safe work environment and the chance to work with a winning team in a great company culture.
Candidates are required to pass a drug screen, pre-employment physical, background check, motor vehicle report, and reference checking.
About Feyen Zylstra
Feyen Zylstra is different. Unlike a typical electrical contractor, we are a knowledge-based electrical services firm that specializes in complex industrial, commercial, and institutional projects with unique electrical demands. Headquartered in Grand Rapids, Michigan with offices in Detroit and Traverse City, Michigan, Nashville, Tennessee, and Charleston, South Carolina, Feyen Zylstra serves clients based throughout the country. For more information on Feyen Zylstra, please visit www.feyenzylstra.com.